Linking against libbfd under Windows/CygWin/MingW
David D. Hagood
wowbagger@sktc.net
Tue Jan 9 22:38:00 GMT 2007
Dave Korn wrote:
> Perhaps you're best off compiling libbfd with --disable-shared and just
> statically linking it into the final app?
>
That would be fine - IF I could get the damn compiler to build. All the
versions I've found have had just C, not C++ (which I need internal to
my program) and I cannot get any version of GCC to build successfully.
> We do it all the time on cygwin, and we even use dlopen/dlsym to load dll's
> as if they were standard dsos. There should not be any serious difficulties.
>
What magic do I need to avoid getting the "ctype_base.h:56: error: '_N'
was not declared in this scope" errors - I've specified
--target=i386-mingw32 --host=i686-pc-gnu-linux, but when libstdc++ is
configured, it is configured with --host=i386-mingw32 and so picks up a
header that is wrong wrong wrong and won't build.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list