Linking against libbfd under Windows/CygWin/MingW

David D. Hagood wowbagger@sktc.net
Tue Jan 9 16:19:00 GMT 2007


What steps are needed to be able to create a Windows command line 
executable which links against libbfd? I have a tool which must process 
an ELF file into a ROM image (with some weird processing requirements 
due to the target hardware). While making the program under Linux is 
trivial, I have a developer who is using Windows who also needs to run 
the program.

Ideally, I'd like to simply cross-compile it on my Linux box and hand 
him the executable, but I'm not sure on how to insure the proper linkage 
against libbfd, as well as the other dain-bramage needed to run a 
Windows CLI program.

Alternatively, what parts of Ming would I need to install to do this 
linkage.

I've not found any good docs on this - most folks building Ming programs 
that I've found are NOT linking against other *nix-y things like libbfd.



More information about the Binutils mailing list