ld maps sections without consider memory region?

Masaki Muranaka monaka@monami-software.com
Mon Feb 19 17:49:00 GMT 2007

Hello Nick,

On 2007/02/16, at 21:03, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Please could you give the attached patch a try ?  I think that it
> will solve the problem without requiring that you specify the
> program headers in your linker file.

Sorry for late reply and thanks for your patch.

I tried on the test case I've sent.
Basically, it looks nice to me.

But I have a new question.
I couldn't determine if this is my misunderstanding.

Using script-warn.ld with my test case, ld (applied your patch) shows
an warning like this.
- mips64-elf-ld: a.out: warning: allocated section `.begin' \
-  not in segmentThanks for your patch.
But using script-no-warn.ld in same environment, there is no warning.
I can't see why the warning is suppressed by defining HDR1 because it
looks HDR1  is never used by any sections.

--
Masaki Muranaka
Monami software