ld maps sections without consider memory region?

Masaki Muranaka monaka@monami-software.com
Fri Feb 16 03:28:00 GMT 2007

Hello Nick,

On 2007/02/16, at 0:29, Nick Clifton wrote:
> The answer is to specify your own program headers in the linker
> script, so that you can be sure that you get the separation you
> want.  So with the test case you supplied if you replace the
> script.ld file with this version:

I added PHDRS into my ldscripts as you said.
(Still I don't agree why PHDR is needed)

I have expected result on the test case I sent and some variations.
But the another ldscript used for my product generates
huge (over 3GB) elf executable with no warnings...
It was 500KB without PHDRS. There seems to have the another issue.

It is hard to make a test case as my ldscript is very long
(almost 300 lines). Anyway I'll try it.

--
Masaki Muranaka
Monami software