Coldfire control registers

Nathan Sidwell nathan@codesourcery.com
Mon Feb 5 15:00:00 GMT 2007

Peter Barada wrote:

> Look at table 1-1 on page 1-7/8, and the note indicates that those
> optional registers (and their fields) are implementation-specific.
> Not all v4e chips have those registers, but those (think ASSP) that do
> will have the registers at that CPU space assignment.

Thanks!

How about this patch that does 2 things:

1) Add separate 5475 and 5485 lists of control registers.  It seems wrong to
accept control registers that don't exist :) Of course, we may have a backwards
compatibility issue, should people have been using -mcpu=5475 to compiler for
some random mcf4ve chip.  But then Freescale only list 5407, 5475 and 5485
families :)  I didn't think it worthwhile using a common array for the 5475 and
5485 families -- I find it much easier to just have a 1:1 correspondance between
coldfire families and control register lists.

2) Adds the ColdFire documented names for the registers, together with the
legacy names we've used so far.  This addresses the bug report I had, namely not
accepting asid.

ok?

nathan

--