How to inform the linker not to produce any data for a.bsssection?

Ivan Pulleyn ivan.pulleyn@gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 11:34:00 GMT 2007

On Dec 18, 2007 2:18 AM, PRC <panruochen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Jacobowitz
>
> Can you tell me how to modify the link script to prevent .bss taking up space in file?
> I didn't grap your meanings and have no idea what to do.

If you define something at the end of the BSS, the linker is forced to
create it. I believe that if you (a) make sure BSS is defined at the
end of your linker script and (b) make sure nothing is inside that
section (get rid of the mydata thing) then BSS will not take up any
space on disk.

Ivan...