GNU hash-style compatibility problem on x86_64

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Tue Aug 14 13:39:00 GMT 2007

On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 03:29:26PM +0200, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> Well, if you build your glibc with newer binutils than that
> (otherwise it wouldn't be built with --hash-style=both), then you already
> weren't recognizing 2.17 as "current binutils".

Your distributor probably did it for you.  Or the distributor of some
third party library, not necessarily glibc.

If there's something we can fix that would make --hash-style=both
libraries work with older binutils on x86-64, we should fix it.  I
don't know if it's possible, though.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery