PATCH: Little endian target "binary_little"

Kai Tietz Kai.Tietz@onevision.com
Fri Apr 27 12:40:00 GMT 2007

Hello,

I want to introduce an new internal default bfd target "binary_little".
The reason was, that target "binary" is implicit big-endian, but for
little endian resource it would be very helpful to have  a little endian
version of "binary", too. E.g. moving windres tool I/O to use bfd instead
of FILE I/O this is very usable, because for output the bfd_put_?? and
bfd_get_?? methods can be used without the need of additionally swapping
the values.

ChangeLog:

2007-04-27  Kai Tietz   <kai.tietz@onevision.com>

        * bfd/binary.c (binary_little_vec): New.
        * bfd/archures.c: (bfd_arch_get_compatible): Check for
        binary_little target.
        * bfd/format.c: (bfd_check_format_matches): Add
        support of binary_little_vec.
        * bfd/targets.c: Add binary_little_vec to default targets.

Regards,
 i.A. Kai Tietz

  OneVision Software Entwicklungs GmbH & Co. KG
  Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Straße 9 - 93049 Regensburg
  Tel: +49.(0)941.78004.0 - Fax: +49.(0)941.78004.489 - www.OneVision.com
  Commerzbank Regensburg - BLZ 750 400 62 - Konto 6011050
  Handelsregister: HRA 6744, Amtsgericht Regensburg
  Komplementärin: OneVision Software Entwicklungs Verwaltungs GmbH
  Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Straße 9 – 93049 Regensburg
  Handelsregister: HRB 8932, Amtsgericht Regensburg - Geschäftsführer:
Ulrike Döhler, Manuela Kluger