PATCH: windres

Christopher Faylor cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please@sourceware.org
Mon Apr 16 21:59:00 GMT 2007


On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 11:20:49AM +0200, Kai Tietz wrote:
>"H. J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> wrote on 13.04.2007 16:41:06:
>
>> > Nightmares, ... 8| I begun to modify structure using character arrays 
>... 
>> > I come to the point, that this means for big parts of windres better a 
>
>> > complete rewrite. Structures with internal/external scope and data 
>> > modifications are really wired.
>> > May we should first use my last patch, so that the problem is solved, 
>and 
>> > then I will begin to reorganize the windres tool to be host 
>idependent. By 
>> > this I can add some missing resource types to it.
>> > 
>> > What do you think about my suggestion to continue ?
>> > 
>> 
>> That is fine with me. If you do this, you don't need to handle
>> endian and just replace long with int since you will rewrite it
>> later anyway.
>
>This is the patch changing the windres source using int instead of long. I 
>bootstrap it on cygwin 32 and for x86_64-mingw.
>This patch does not solve the endian problem, reasoned by the use of 
>fwrite/fread.
>ChangeLog for binutils/:

If you are assuming that int means 32 bits, wouldn't it make sense to
use a type like u_int32_t which explicitly spells that out?

cgf



More information about the Binutils mailing list