SVN for src (was Re: Binutils 2.18 prep)

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Tue Apr 10 17:25:00 GMT 2007

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 05:16:17PM +0100, Andrew STUBBS wrote:
> All in all, I believe that, even before subversion introduces proper support
> for something module-like, it is possible to switch to subversion, provided
> that users are prepared to be disciplined in their use of checkout and update.
> There will be no need to modify the structure of the repository (so people who
> checkout the whole world still can), and when svn modules are implemented,
> there will be no painful transition (of our doing).

Anyway, let's wait.  Jim Blandy pointed out to me that most of what we
need will be in Subversion 1.5 ("sparse directories").  It may be
awkward, especially for gdb/testsuite/gdb.gdbtk, but we'll work
something out.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery