C++ demangling of 64-bit symbols on ppc64
Ian Lance Taylor
iant@google.com
Thu Apr 5 01:04:00 GMT 2007
Maynard Johnson <maynardj@us.ibm.com> writes:
> As the de facto maintainer of the ppc64 bits of oprofile, I was
> recently asked to look into an oprofile bug where it was incorrectly
> demangling 64-bit symbols. The oprofile code uses the libiberty
> function, cplus_demangle(), but is not getting back the right answer
> for ppc64 64-bit symbols. This appears to be more fallout from the
> change (made a couple years ago or so) to the opd for ppc64, where the
> leading "." was removed from 64-bit symbols.
>
> I hacked around the problem in my private oprofile src tree, but I'm
> thinking this issue should be solved at its source. I'm seeing this
> problem on a SLES 10 system with binutils version 2.16.91. Has this
> possibly been resolved in a more recent binutils version or in CVS?
Can you give an example of a symbol which the demangler is not
handling correctly?
Ian
More information about the Binutils
mailing list