Porting binutils to mips r5900 (ie Playstation2 EE cpu)

Julien Etienne julien.etienne@gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 00:40:00 GMT 2006

> AFAIR it is R4000 like, but misses ll/sc/lld/scd and double FP
> instructions. The atomic operations are required for MIPS-II and above,
> so MIPS-I (with R3000 as a model of it) is the lowest common denominator.

That's it it's exactly the instruction I am missing. I thought it was
already implemented in the r3000.

> Define it as a MIPS-I CPU, and add the subset with higher MIPS ISA
> variants as well as the R5900 special instructions as R5900 specific.

I will do that, it seems the current patches I have got are already
based on that.

> Most of that will go in in opcodes/mips-opc.c and include/opcode/mips.h.
> The R3900 needed something similiar in libopcodes, use it as an example.

Thanks for the indications.
It will not be too hard to implement since most of the job has already
been done in the patches. I just need to make sure they are not
messing with the code.

Julien