src/ld ChangeLog ldlang.c

Alan Modra amodra@bigpond.net.au
Fri Sep 15 13:31:00 GMT 2006

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 09:48:58AM -0000, nickc@sourceware.org wrote:
> Log message:
> 	PR ld/3107
> 	* ldlang.c (lang_size_sections_1): Do not abort when encountering a non-empty
> 	section that is ignored.  Instead produce a warning message.

Eh?  Something is fishy here.  How do we get os->ignored set but size
non-zero?  strip_excluded_output_sections is the only place that sets
os->ignored, and then only when rawsize is zero (rawsize is being tested
rather than size because we've just run section sizing then
lang_reset_memory_regions, and the latter sets size back to zero and saves
the real size in rawsize).  Are sections being added later than
ldemul_before_allocation?

Hmm, or sized, perhaps.  bfd_elf32_arm_allocate_interworking_sections
probably ought to be run after the standard
gld${EMULATION_NAME}_before_allocation().  And looking further,
bfd_elf32_arm_process_before_allocation ought to ignore sections that
have been marked SEC_EXCLUDE, I think.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre