[patch] Automatically mark Thumb functions.

Paul Brook paul@codesourcery.com
Sat Oct 21 02:30:00 GMT 2006

The attached patch makes gas mark ELF function symbols as being Thumb symbols
based on the current mode, rather than relying on .thumb_func directives.
The motivation for this is that unified assembly mode allows the same source
to be assembled as both arm and thumb. This is rather less useful if
functions require additional annotations in Thumb mode.

For full backwards compatibility I guess the automatic annotation would only
apply in unified mode.  However I can't think of any reason to preserve the
old behavior, and it's simpler to be consistent between unified and legacy
syntax.

Tested with cross to arm-none-eabi.
Ok?

Paul

2006-10-20  Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>

	gas/
	* config/tc-arm.c (arm_is_eabi): New function.
	* config/tc-arm.h (arm_is_eabi): New prototype.
	(THUMB_IS_FUNC): Use ELF function type for EABI objects.
	* doc/c-arm.texi (.thumb_func): Update documentation.