PR ld/3107

Alan Modra amodra@bigpond.net.au
Thu Oct 19 09:01:00 GMT 2006

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 03:21:33PM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Approved. Note - In case the restored abort() in lang_size_sections_1()
> is ever triggered again I think that it would be worth having a comment
> there explicitly stating that this abort indicates a bfd/ld programming
> error and not just some unhandled case.

I added this comment.

	      /* Except for some special linker created sections,
		 no output section should change from zero size
		 after strip_excluded_output_sections.  A non-zero
		 size on an ignored section indicates that some
		 input section was not sized early enough.  */

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre