get_section_by_name in libbfd

vamsi krishna vamsi.krishnak@gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 17:22:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

You might want to see how 'readelf --segments' is giving out the
segment to section mappings.

Actually the segment to section mapping for a executable is predefined
while creating the executable itsself. The segment information is the
Program Headers (Elf_Phdrs) for a elf executable. The text is of type
PT_LOAD with permissions 'R-E' (read and execute)

HTH
Vamsi kundeti