AIX 4.3

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Thu Oct 12 03:43:00 GMT 2006

Bob Rossi <bob_rossi@cox.net> writes:

> Ping, I'm assumming that no one uses AIX 4.3, and so I'm not getting a
> response. What if I ask in general, does binutils (ld) work on AIX?

Last I heard the GNU linker worked OK on earlier AIX versions, but not
on AIX 4.3.  But I might be out of date.

The AIX linker is very clever and does a lot of required optimization,
and the documentation ranges from sparse to nonexistent.  And AIX
changes the linker with every release.  So it's a tedious process to
keep the GNU linker working on each new AIX version.

Ian