AIX 4.3

Bob Rossi bob_rossi@cox.net
Tue Oct 10 13:24:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

Currently our company builds it's product on AIX 4.3. However, lately,
there have been strange linker errors like:

  ld: 0711-759 INTERNAL ERROR: Source file code_save.c, line 2944.
  Depending on where this product was acquired, contact your service
  representative or the approved supplier.
  collect2: ld returned 16 exit status

We use gcc 2.95.3, with the native linker.

Is it possible I would be able to use the ld from the binutils package
to link our application on aix 4.3 with gcc 2.95.3?

Are there any known pitfalls?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi