[osol-discuss] Re: GNU ld -shared fails to link filtered symbols on Solaris

Darren J Moffat Darren.Moffat@Sun.COM
Tue Nov 28 17:25:00 GMT 2006

Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@libertysurf.fr> wrote:
>
>>> Can you prove that please?
>> Take a look at the ELF spec.
>
> This is no proof as many things that have been created as joined work
> from Sun and AT&T fro SVr4 may look this way.....
>
> And please stop responding to this as we did already see a useful reply
> from a Sun employee.

Please don't take that stance this is an @opensolaris.org alias and Sun
employees saying things here generally doesn't have any more weight than
anyone else.  As such feel free to ignore or not this message as it is
from a Sun employee.

By taking this stance you just feed the trolls that believe Sun isn't
giving up any control when we know that just isn't true.

--
Darren J Moffat