binutils-static

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Tue Nov 21 20:51:00 GMT 2006

On 21 November 2006 19:48, Darryl Mocek wrote:

>   I cannot find much information about it.  A program I'm trying to
> install lists it as a dependency and when I search the Internet, I get
> few hits.  Here is one:
> http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=binutils-static which
> lists the package and shows it as fairly old (2002).  I've looked on
> gnu.org, but don't see it listed, only binutils.

Files

/usr/lib/libbfd.a
/usr/lib/libiberty.a
/usr/lib/libopcodes.a

  You should be able to get the same result by configuring binutils using
--disable-shared and building it.  I don't know off the top of my head whether
those files get installed by "make install" or not, but even if not, they
should be there in the build dir somewhere.

    cheers,
      DaveK