handle <local-source-name> in demangler

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Thu Nov 9 01:28:00 GMT 2006

Geoffrey Keating wrote:

> This seems a little complex to me.  Maybe it would be easier to just do
>
>     <unqualified-name> ::= <operator-name>
>                        ::= <ctor-dtor-name>
>                        ::= <source-name>
>                ::= <local-source-name>   // new
>
>     <local-source-name> ::= Z E <source-name> <discriminator>  // new
>
> Any objections?  Mark?

I think the mangling itself is fine.

However, I still think that it is important to have aliasing directives
for the assembler so that whatever name-mangling you use does not reach
object files on systems with the appropriate assembler support.  And, I
still think you should commit to those improvements as part of the work
that you are doing.  In particular, I don't think you should make
changes to G++ that make these new mangled names show up on GNU/Linux
systems, provided people have new enough assemblers.  If you will do
this, it will help both LTO and IMA.

Since you've complained in the past that people have objected to some of
your changes only after you have checked in patches, I want to make it
clear that I'm objecting now.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell