Trouble with empty sections

Alan Modra amodra@bigpond.net.au
Tue Nov 7 23:13:00 GMT 2006

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 09:52:11AM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> Maybe this was intended; if so please let me know and I'll
> update the test.  But moving to a non-ALLOC section is decidedly odd.

No, this is certainly not intended behaviour.  See linker.c:fix_syms
where we go to some pains to keep symbols in similar sections.  Hmm, I
don't see ".stack" described by a struct bfd_elf_special_section
anywhere.  Lacking input sections, your .stack output section is
probably being created non-ALLOC.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre