PR ld/3107

Alan Modra amodra@bigpond.net.au
Sun Nov 5 22:09:00 GMT 2006

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 03:00:55PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 10:55:07PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > Do I have to duplicate the logic to determine whether a symbol will get
> > a PLT entry?  It's rather too convoluted to move it out of
> > adjust_dynamic_symbol.
>
> Alan suggested that I in fact do have to, and pretty much wrote this

Another possibility occurred to me:  You could run
arm_process_before_allocation both from arm_size_dynamic_sections and
arm_elf_before_allocation, the latter case only when the former won't
run (ie. !dynamic_sections_created).  That way you could go back to
using plt.offset, and wouldn't need to worry that the logic matched.
I'm a little worried that the current test isn't quite right for
symbols with non-default visibility.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre