Linking to different style mangled names

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Fri Nov 3 17:18:00 GMT 2006

"CARTER-HITCHIN, David, GBM" wrote:

> The question is how can I convince the linker to do it's stuff here?  I
> don't really want to affect the whole application, just this library.
> Perhaps it is not possible?

I could easily be wrong here, but the whole point of name mangling is to
prevent exactly the situation that you are trying to achieve, namely
trying to link two ABI-incompatible objects.  It doesn't work because
it's not supposed to and it couldn't possibly execute correctly if it
somehow did by accident.  In C++ you can't just mix and match objects
from different ABIs.

Brian