intl directory: gcc vs. src

Bobby McNulty bobbymcn@bellsouth.net
Wed May 17 01:27:00 GMT 2006

DJ Delorie wrote:
>> Who maintains this automatic merge process?
>>

> Me.  I have a cron job that checks out gcc's and src's libiberty and
> include, compares them, copies any differing files to src, and sends
> me email.  I then run a "do it" script to do the actual commit.
>
> There's not much advantage in using this setup for an initial merge
> (it would take as much effort to set it up as it would to just do the
> merge).  It's much more useful as an ongoing merge system.

Was there not a way to combine the two (gcc and src) via console commands?
I recall doing this a long time ago, back when Mumitt was around.
He had a web page describing how to build the tool chain for
cygwin/mingw/linux.
There was another one on sourceware.
i have not done this in years. (5).
Bobby