Binutils on arm : pls advice me how to proceed

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Thu May 11 14:59:00 GMT 2006


Hi Danny,

> I am having problems applying them to the current CVS version. Almost
> all the diffs fail to apply, I've copied an excerpt below. Am I using
> the wrong version ?
> 
> |RCS file: /cvs/src/src/bfd/coff-arm.c,v
> |retrieving revision 1.63

No, that looks correct.

> |diff -c -3 -p -r1.63 coff-arm.c
> |*** bfd/coff-arm.c     16 Mar 2006 12:20:15 -0000      1.63
> |--- bfd/coff-arm.c     10 May 2006 10:05:35 -0000
> --------------------------
> File to patch: bfd/coff-arm.c
> patching file bfd/coff-arm.c
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 220.

My guess is that either my mailer mangled the revised patch when I 
posted it, or your mailer corrupted it when you received it.  Most 
likely this will be a CR vs CR/LF problem.  I was going to attached a 
zip'ed up version of the patch for you to try, but since I have now 
applied the patch to the sources, you can just run a "cvs update" to get 
the changes...

Cheers
   Nick



More information about the Binutils mailing list