Fix arm-pe reloc generations for redefined symbols

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue May 9 17:23:00 GMT 2006

Hi Richard,

>> +       for (sym = symbol_rootP; sym != NULL; sym = symbol_next (sym))
>> + 	if (sym == fixP->fx_addsy)
>> + 	  break;
>> +       if (sym == NULL)
>> + 	return 1;

> Surely there's a better way of doing this.  This test is O(S*F) which is
> really going to slow up assembly on large files, for a nasty corner
> case.

Good point.  There is a better way.  The original of a cloned, replaced
symbol will not be on any list, so we can just check its next and
previous pointers.  So I am going to check in this revision to my
original patch.