Compiled for big endian target is little endian ld error

DSP ppiratla@gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 00:45:00 GMT 2006


Hello,
I am having the same problem that Josh Fryman from this group had earlier.

http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2003-03/msg00092.html

I have a target that has Intel IXP425 on it. I am trying to port some code
developed using the commercial Timesys tools to be compiled using arm-linux
tools and was getting the same error that Josh mentioned in the above
thread.

[root@localhost phy_ctrl]# arm-linux-gcc arm_obj/main.o
arm_obj/dm256_reg_defs.o  -o dm256_ctrl
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/arm-linux/3.3.2/../../../../arm-linux/bin/ld:
arm_obj/main.o: 
compiled for a big endian system and target is little endian
File in wrong format: failed to merge target specific data of file
arm_obj/main.o

When I used the -mbig-endian, I get a different error saying:

[root@localhost phy_ctrl]# arm-linux-gcc arm_obj/main.o
arm_obj/dm256_reg_defs.o  -mbig-endian -o dm256_ctrl
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/arm-linux/3.3.2/../../../../arm-linux/bin/ld:
ERROR: /usr /local/arm-linux/lib/be/libc.so.6 uses FPA instructions,
whereas dm256_ctrl does  not
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/arm-linux/3.3.2/../../../../arm-linux/bin/ld:
ERROR: /usr /local/arm-linux/lib/be/libc.so.6 uses hardware FP, whereas
dm256_ctrl uses soft ware FP
File in wrong format: failed to merge target specific data of
file /usr/local/ar m-linux/lib/be/libc.so.6

Can anyone lead me where the error is?
 
I installed arm-linux tools from arm-linux-tools-20031127.tar.gz


Thanks for your help.




More information about the Binutils mailing list