[patch] Arm ELF header version

Paul Brook paul@codesourcery.com
Fri Mar 10 16:30:00 GMT 2006

The attached patch makes binutils accept and generate Arm objects with EABI
version 5 header flags. In practice there's no difference betweenthe two. v4
was used when the ARM EABI was in development, then bumped to v5 when it was
formally released.

I have not changed the default because there are still some bits (mainly GCC
generation of build attributes) we don't fully implement.

Tested with cross to arm-none-eabi.
Ok?

Paul

2006-03-09  Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>

bfd/
	* elf32-arm.c (INTERWORK_FLAG): Handle EABIv5.
	(elf32_arm_print_private_bfd_data): Ditto.
binutils/
	* readelf.c (decode_ARM_machine_flags):  Handle EABIv5.
gas/
	* config/tc-arm.c (md_begin): Handle EABIv5.
	(arm_eabis): Add EF_ARM_EABI_VER5.
	* doc/c-arm.texi: Document -meabi=5.
include/elf/
	* arm.h (EF_ARM_EABI_VER5): Define.