[patch] Arm mapping symbols

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Thu Mar 9 16:37:00 GMT 2006

Hi Paul,

> The Arm compiler generates the obsolete $m, $f and $p mapping symbols in
> addition to the standard $a, $t and $d.
> Symbols of the form $<letter>.<anything> are also considered mapping symbols.

Is any letter acceptable or can it only be one of [adfmpt] ?  Your patch
appears to enforce this restriction...

> Tested with cross to arm-none-eabi.

It would be helpful if you could extend the
gas/testsuite/gas/arm/mapping.[sd] files to cover these extra symbols,
so that we can be sure that the assembler and disassembler continue to
support them.

> 2006-03-08  Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>
>
> 	* cpu-arm.c (bfd_is_arm_mapping_symbol_name): Recognise additional
> 	mapping symbols.

Approved - please apply.