PATCH: ld/2411: ELF linker fails to create executable with more than 64k sections

Alan Modra amodra@bigpond.net.au
Fri Mar 3 04:13:00 GMT 2006

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 03:21:25PM -0800, H. J. Lu wrote:
> The ELF gABI doesn't support more than 64k sections in DSO and
> executable when there are dynamic symbols. This patch checks that.

I think you should put this check in bfd_elf_final_link rather than in
map_sections_to_segments, before the first call to
elf_link_output_extsym.  That puts it close to the code that outputs
dynamic section syms.

> +	(_("%B: Too many sections: %d (< %d)"),
> +	 abfd, bfd_count_sections (abfd), SHN_LORESERVE);

Typo.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre