[Patch/pe-coff] : Add native spelling of import lib names to dynamic lib search

Pedro Alves pedro_alves@portugalmail.pt
Sun Jun 25 13:50:00 GMT 2006

Pedro Alves wrote:
> Nick Clifton wrote:
>>>
>>>     * emultempl/pe.em (gld_${EMULATION_NAME}_open_dynamic_archive):
>>>     Restructure.  Add native "%s.lib" format to search list
>>>     * ld.texinfo (node WIN32): Update documentation on dynamic lib
>>>     search order. Add another reason for using import libs.
>> 2006-06-19  Danny Smith  <dannysmith@users.sourceforge.net>
>>
>> Approved and applied.
>>
>> Note - I slightly changed the construction of the size passed to the
>> xmalloc() function, so that instead of using sizeof on a separate
>> string, it accesses the libname_fmt structure and pulls a string out
>> of there.  I felt that this made it more obvious as to why the value
>> was being included in the computation of the amount of memory
>> required.  I also added a comment into the declaration of the
>> libname_fmt structure to remind future coders to check and update the
>> length if necessary.
> This doesn't work correctly. The sizeof (libname_fmt.format) is sizeof
> (const char*), not the sizeof the string.
>
> Fixed with the following patch. Other possibilities would be to
> s/sizeof/strlen/ or sizeof(*libname_fmt.format),
> by I think this way makes the code clearer, and less surprising.

To be clear:
Where I said "Fixed", I meant "This patch is a proposed fix".

Cheers,
Pedro Alves

P.S. Is the mailing list having problems, or is it just me?