error building binutils on cygwin

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Mon Jun 19 11:44:00 GMT 2006

On 18 June 2006 09:32, Sveta wrote:

> I have fresh cygwin installation withour any customisations.
>
> I need to build binutils. Tried different versions from 2.16.1 to 2.16.94.
> Always the same problem, which is shown in the log below. Please give me the
> hint - how to solve that.

  I don't know, binutils builds fine for me on cygwin, both from tarballs and
from CVS.  I suspect you're having a problem with the crosstool script; you
should try reporting this on the crossgcc list rather than the main binutils
list, because that's where all the crosstools experts hang out.

    cheers,
      DaveK