unrecognized option `-dynamic'

Daniel Corbe daniel.junkmail@gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 21:11:00 GMT 2006

Even when building libtool I see the -dynamic switch:

jomama:/usr/local/src/libtool-1.5.22 root# make
Making all in .
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
Making all in libltdl
make  all-am
/bin/sh ./libtool --tag=CC   --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -no-undefined
-version-info 4:4:1  -o libltdl.la -rpath /usr/local/lib ltdl.lo -ldl
gcc -dynamiclib  -o .libs/libltdl.3.1.4.dylib  .libs/ltdl.o  -ldl
-install_name  /usr/local/lib/libltdl.3.dylib
-Wl,-compatibility_version -Wl,5 -Wl,-current_version -Wl,5.4
libtool: unrecognized option `-dynamic'
Try `libtool --help' for more information.