Can't get binutils to build on Cygwin

Pedro Alves pedro.alves@domatica.pt
Mon Jul 31 22:53:00 GMT 2006


malanda@freeuk.com wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> Thanks for the help and suggestions so far.  I've tracked down the problem
> to being an incompatibility between 'configure' in binutils 2.17, and sed
> 4.1.5, which Cygwin is currently distributing.  If I regress to sed 4.1.4,
> it works ok.
> 
> The question is: sed bug or configure bug?
> 
> I've narrowed it down to this test case:
> 
> # Here's my test data file
> $ cat testdata
> @if build-libiberty
> maybe-configure-build-libiberty: configure-build-libiberty
> @endif build-libiberty
> 
> # Here are my sed commands
> $ cat edit
> /^@if build-libiberty$/d
> /^@endif build-libiberty$/d
> /^@if /,/^@endif /d
> 
> # Running sed 4.1.4
> $ ./sed -f edit < testdata
> maybe-configure-build-libiberty: configure-build-libiberty
> $
> 
> # Running sed 4.1.5
> $ sed -f edit < testdata
> $
> 
> 
> I'm suspecting sed, but I'd like a second opinion.
> Thanks!
> 


Could this by any chance be related to "\r\n" ?

I've had problems with sed 4.1.5 on cygwin before:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2006-04/msg00023.html

Cheers,
Pedro Alves



More information about the Binutils mailing list