Can't get binutils to build on Cygwin

malanda@freeuk.com malanda@freeuk.com
Mon Jul 31 21:44:00 GMT 2006


Hi,

Thanks for the help and suggestions so far.  I've tracked down the problem
to being an incompatibility between 'configure' in binutils 2.17, and sed
4.1.5, which Cygwin is currently distributing.  If I regress to sed 4.1.4,
it works ok.

The question is: sed bug or configure bug?

I've narrowed it down to this test case:

# Here's my test data file
$ cat testdata
@if build-libiberty
maybe-configure-build-libiberty: configure-build-libiberty
@endif build-libiberty

# Here are my sed commands
$ cat edit
/^@if build-libiberty$/d
/^@endif build-libiberty$/d
/^@if /,/^@endif /d

# Running sed 4.1.4
$ ./sed -f edit < testdata
maybe-configure-build-libiberty: configure-build-libiberty
$

# Running sed 4.1.5
$ sed -f edit < testdata
$


I'm suspecting sed, but I'd like a second opinion.
Thanks!


--------------------------------------------------------------------
mail2web - Check your email from the web at
http://mail2web.com/ .




More information about the Binutils mailing list