[PATCH]: Set little endian flag when linking SH arch tests for little endian multilibs
Andrew STUBBS
andrew.stubbs@st.com
Fri Jul 21 13:25:00 GMT 2006
Nick Clifton wrote:
> I am applying the small patch below to make the SH specific linker
> tests set the appropriate endian flag when linking the arch tests.
> Without this, testing little endian SH multilibs was producing lots
> of unexpected failures and untested tests because the linker and
> assembler disagreed about endianness.
As it happens I was just in the process of preparing that exact same
patch (right down to the character - spooky).
I also had an issue with default_ld_assemble in lib/ld-lib.exp. It tries
to apply linker endian flags to the assembler. I have attached the patch
I was using. Did you not see this issue?
There is also an issue because not all SH architectures have a little
endian variant, and therefore not all instructions and relocations are
implemented in both endians.
Andrew Stubbs
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: testsuite-flags.patch
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20060721/28f1e540/attachment.ksh>
More information about the Binutils
mailing list