Static Linking and Library Dependencies

Browder, Tom Tom.Browder@fwb.srs.com
Tue Jul 18 15:25:00 GMT 2006


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Nick Clifton [mailto:nickc@redhat.com] 
...
> Yes.
> 
> I am tempted to just leave the answer there, but I will be 
> nice.  If the other functions in A which are used by your 

Thanks, Nick, that's very helpful.

The problem for me has been that the intimate details of linking and
loading are scattered in pieces all around the net.  The GNU manuals on
gcc, ar, ld, and libtool help but most of them assume knowledge that the
reader may not have who just happily does "./configure; make; make
install."  Ulrich Drepper's papers also help, but again dive too deeply
for me too quickly.

I would be happy to buy a good textbook on the subject if you have a
suggestion.

Thanks again.

-Tom



More information about the Binutils mailing list