Binary format output

Mike Frysinger vapier@gentoo.org
Sat Jul 15 06:32:00 GMT 2006

On Friday 14 July 2006 14:44, Victor Roman Archidona wrote:
> I compiled by hand GCC and binutils (2.17), and when I compile some
> file the output format is "UNIX - System V". I got this with
> `readelf -h program`.
>
> The problem is that I need the default binary output must be "UNIX -
> FreeBSD" and for now I can't fix it without help.

freebsd tweaks the stock bfd elf64 code to change the EI_OSABI to
ELFOSABI_FREEBSD ... that way the default 'elf-x86-64' target on
amd64/freebsd systems actually outputs freebsd objects

find attached a patch against cvs head to do this right (i think) ... note
that ive never done any real bfd/gas hacking before, so this could be pretty
wrong/incomplete ;)
-mike