Is anybody working on OMF OBJ support for libbfd?

Bernd Jendrissek berndj@prism.co.za
Thu Jan 26 15:23:00 GMT 2006


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

I'm running into some trouble here at work with a DOS application that's
just gotten too big.  640k isn't enough for me. :)

I'd like to be able to look at the intermediate object files to see
which ones are chowing up the most space and just generally be able to
futz around with these OBJ files.  (Needless to say I'd like to do it
with binutils.)

Before I get too busy hacking up some rudimentary support, does anybody
already have more or less working code they are willing to share?

BTW the compiler I'm using to generate these objects is TopSpeed C 3.10,
and AFAIK the objects are compatible with MS link.exe, but there are
hints in the docs that the format extends the one link.exe understands.

If I do end up hacking up some support myself, would it be better to
create a brand new target or would it make sense just to add, say,
i386omf_vec to targ_selvecs under "i[3-7]86-*-msdos*"?

P.S. One day I should get some paperwork in.  Is there a separate form
for copyright assignments for work done in the context of one's
employment?  In this case someone else *definitely* has a claim to my
work!  (I have objdump working on MZ executables.)

- -- 
I have neither the need, the time, or the inclination to put words into your
mouth. You are perfectly capable of damaging your reputation without any help
from me.                   --Richard Heathfield roasts a troll in comp.lang.c
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Please fetch my new key 804177F8 from hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net/

iD8DBQFD2OjOwyMv24BBd/gRAqK6AJwMeZsuvQzCA/fnN9BqXerBfibjRwCeO2Yf
lZPXaOWBwozlqgN8xh1ZAec=
=EBZP
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----



More information about the Binutils mailing list