m68k machine flags

Nathan Sidwell nathan@codesourcery.com
Wed Jan 25 15:38:00 GMT 2006


Peter Barada wrote:
>>Although hwdiv is separated from isa_a, I can't find a CF chip that has just isa 
>>without the divide instructions.  That seems an unnecessary separation.  (gas 
>>can assemble for just isa w/o hwdiv, but I don't see the need for that.)
> 
> 
> The MCF5206 which is still being shipped does not have the hardware
> divider.  IIRC, the MCF5200, MCF5202, MCF5204 also do not have the
> hardware divide(but they have been EOL'd).  The 5206e is where the
> hardware divide and the MAC showed up.  Also the 5208 has the EMAC.

oh, thanks.  I must have looked at a 5206e manual, not a 5206 one, and the 
otherones being EOLd might explain why I couldn't find a manual for them.  Other 
than that, what do you think of my suggestion?

nathan

-- 
Nathan Sidwell    ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::         CodeSourcery
nathan@codesourcery.com    ::     http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk



More information about the Binutils mailing list