cross toolchain vs. info files
Dave Korn
dave.korn@artimi.com
Tue Jan 10 17:45:00 GMT 2006
Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Dave Korn wrote:
>
> Word of caution, as I've been bitten myself:
I'm glad of your advice, as this is not a region I've ever delved into
before!
>> +install-info-am: $(INFO_DEPS)
>
> Make sure you override the "right" target; that it "works"
> isn't enough.
For instance, I don't know what you mean by the "right" target, or indeed
what it would even mean for there to be more than one of a given makefile
target. Nor do I know how you would choose which one you end up overriding;
all I know so far is that if you specify a target in your Makefile.am it will
override the default definition from the /usr/share/automake-1.X/..../*.am
file.
> Chapter and verse of the automake manual would be
> nice as a comment above the rule and serve as proof that it's
> the right one. ;-)
Well, I'm _reading_ it. If I /find/ anything in it that explains how it
works, I'll let you know, but so far I haven't managed to get anything that
would explain what to do... :-O
cheers,
DaveK
--
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....
More information about the Binutils
mailing list