GAS : Does it provides callbacks for conversion from assembly to binary code ?

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Mon Jan 9 16:07:00 GMT 2006

Hi Sandeep,

> I am working on the dis-assembling and assembling of binaries. Well
> after dis-assembling the binaries, i convert it into assembly,
> manipulate this code, I want to convert it back to binary.  All the
> above conversions are to take place at runtime. Can The GAS provide me
> with some callbacks to provide this conversion .

GAS cannot help you, but it is possible that the opcodes library might.
  Depending upon the particular target libopcodes might contain routines
to help with assembly as well as with disassembly.  Have a look at the
sources for more information.