cross toolchain vs. info files

Hans-Peter Nilsson hp@bitrange.com
Sat Jan 7 22:31:00 GMT 2006


On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 09:31 -0800, Doug Evans wrote:
> > Dave Korn writes:
> >  >   This means that 1) you can't look them up by "info $target-$utilityname" (it
> >  > brings you the related manpage instead)
> > ... but if one has 5 targets why replicate the same document 5 times?
> I have ca. 10 installed ... ;)
> ... because the versions of the tools aren't necessarily identical and
> because the man pages also can diverge between version.

I'll put my vote for the target prefix too, maybe *in addition*
to the base tool-name.  To counter echristo's argumement, I see
that people using cross-targets that want to RTFM, less often
know what version they use than what target they use.

brgds, H-P



More information about the Binutils mailing list