IA64 assembler is broken

H. J. Lu hjl@lucon.org
Fri Jan 6 20:01:00 GMT 2006


On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 11:35:20AM -0800, H. J. Lu wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 10:59:18AM -0800, H. J. Lu wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 10:08:29AM -0800, H. J. Lu wrote:
> > > With the current gcc 3.4 and glibc 2.3 in CVS, I got
> > > 
> > > [hjl@gnu-12 glibc-2.3-import-3.4]$ gdb
> > > ./build-ia64-linux/elf/ld-linux-ia64.so.2GNU gdb Red Hat Linux
> > > (6.3.0.0-1.62rh)
> > > Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> > > GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
> > > you are
> > > welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
> > > conditions.
> > > Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
> > > There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for
> > > details.
> > > This GDB was configured as "ia64-redhat-linux-gnu"...Using host
> > > libthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".
> > > 
> > > (gdb) r
> > > Starting program:
> > > /export/build/gnu/glibc-2.3-import-3.4/build-ia64-linux/elf/ld-linux-ia64.so.2
> > > 
> > > Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> > > 0x2000000000002f91 in _dl_start (arg=0x60000fffffff98a0) at rtld.c:260
> > > 260           HP_TIMING_DIFF_INIT ();
> > > (gdb)
> > > 
> > 
> > It looks like a binutils issue. I am investigating it now.
> > 
> 
> I have identified that
> 
> http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2005-12/msg00001.html
> 
> breaks building glibc 2.3 in CVS with gcc 3.4 in CVS. Jan, could you
> please look into it?

I opened a bug report:

http://sources.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2117

I will revert the change if it isn't fixed by next Monday.


H.J.



More information about the Binutils mailing list