cross toolchain vs. info files

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Fri Jan 6 19:01:00 GMT 2006


Doug Evans wrote:
> Dave Korn writes:
>  >   Because they may all be very different versions, with different
>  command-line > options.  (This applies to Gcc as well, which has more
>  option-churn than > binutils, but the point is valid for both).  It is
> not the same document. 
> 
> I don't recall GCC ever controlling what target-specific parts of the
> info docs to generate/install.  Maybe that's changed.


  Um, you don't appear to have understood much of what I've written.  That
stuff about target-specific parts was later on in the post and wasn't anything
to do with gcc, and I wasn't referring to it there.  Then you go on to say how
you were afraid you'd be misunderstood, then you go on to quote the bit that
makes it plain I did understand you.  You keep on asking questions that
suggest you have no information on this subject and at that point I kind of
lost interest and stopped reading.  

  I'm not finding this exchange productive.  I think we'd better just drop it.
Thanks for trying to help, anyway.


    cheers,
      DaveK
-- 
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....




More information about the Binutils mailing list