[PATCH] Add support for ld-elf.so.hints on FreeBSD
Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò
flameeyes@gentoo.org
Mon Feb 20 17:23:00 GMT 2006
While working on Gentoo/FreeBSD I had quite a few problems with linking, as
binutils shipped with FreeBSD base system are patched to get the search paths
(when using a native ld) from the ld-elf.so hints file.
The two attached patches are forward ports of the original patch (a bit
reworked as there were changes in the API it seems, before it was passing the
library name, now a dt_needed struct pointer), applying to version 2.16.1 and
2.16.91.0.6 (it's a refresh of the other, after fixing the change between
*-linux-gnu* and the new check for uclibc/glibc targets).
This is not the only change between "vanilla" binutils and freebsd's ones, but
it's for sure the most important to use them as system binutils. The other
changes are bfd updates, but I haven't forward ported them yet.
This is the first time that I spend time on binutils sources so I'm not sure
if I'm doing it right (both wrt sources patch and sending it here).
Sorry if I'm doing something wrong.
--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: binutils-2.16.1-ldhints.patch
Type: text/x-diff
Size: 3454 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20060220/0503eb07/attachment.bin>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: binutils-2.16.91.0.6-ldhints.patch
Type: text/x-diff
Size: 3437 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20060220/0503eb07/attachment-0001.bin>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 191 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20060220/0503eb07/attachment.sig>
More information about the Binutils
mailing list