2.17 can't read x86-64 FC6 so's

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Sun Dec 24 02:19:00 GMT 2006

Hi DJ,

> It fails on scanning the .gnu.hash section.  Is this going to be fixed
> at some point, or are we going to have to live with the
> incompatibility?

You are talking about the 2.17 branch sources right ?  In which case I
guess it will only be fixed if someone cares to backport enough of the
.gnu.hash changes to make reading and writing such files possible.

Doing this would certainly be nice, but it will also be important to
update the minor version number so that 2.17 sources/binaries that can
read FC6 binaries can be distinguished from older 2.17 sources/binaries.