missing linker symbols w/ binutils-2.17

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Dec 19 01:30:00 GMT 2006

Hi John,

> Thank you for making the time to investigate my problem I have rebuilt
> with the 12/06 snapshot of binutils and do not see any difference - the
> problem is still there.

Hmm, very strange.

> So I will work on creating a subset of my code
> to demonstrate the problem. Assuming I get there... how should I
> I send/submit it? Attached tarball

Yes please, compressed if possible.  Plus please try to provide as much
information as you can about the environment where you encountered this
bug.  Since I could not reproduce the problem on my own machine, there
may be something significant in the differences between our two build
environments.  (You do not have the ENABLE_LINKER_BUGS environment
variable set do you ? :-)