PATCH: Move operand/address-size override prefixes before SIMD prefix

Alan Modra amodra@bigpond.net.au
Wed Dec 6 01:37:00 GMT 2006

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 04:04:32PM -0800, H. J. Lu wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 10:20:04AM +1030, Alan Modra wrote:
> > Please add a comment as to why this is desirable.
>     WAIT_PREFIX must be the first prefix since FWAIT is really is an
> -   instruction, and so must come before any prefixes.  */
> +   instruction, and so must come before any prefixes.
> +   ADDR_PREFIX and DATA_PREFIX are preferred before LOCKREP_PREFIX.  */

Really?  My old copy of the Intel instruction set reference says:
"For each instruction, one prefix may be used from each of these
groups and be placed in any order."

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre